A feature that I use often is the ability to stream video content and mirror my phone on TV’s in my home and office.
You can use the simple instructions below to try these powerful features for yourself. Any newer TV usually has AirPlay Mirroring built right into it, so no additional hardware is needed.
We love mirroring our phone screens while on vacation or when family is over to show photos on the big screen for all to see.
Let me know if you have questions after you give it a shot!
Stream video from your iPhone or iPad to a TV or Mac
- Connect your device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV, AirPlay-compatible smart TV, or Mac.
- Find the video that you want to stream.
- Tap AirPlay . In some apps, you might need to tap a different button first.1 For example, in the Photos app, tap Share , then tap AirPlay .
- Choose your TV or Mac from the list.
To stop streaming, tap AirPlay in the app that you’re streaming from, then tap your iPhone or iPad from the list.
Mirror your iPhone or iPad to a TV or Mac
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV, AirPlay-compatible smart TV, or Mac.2
- Open Control Center:
- On iPhone X or later or iPad with iPadOS 13 or later: Swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen.
- On iPhone 8 or earlier or iOS 11 or earlier: Swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen.
- Tap Screen Mirroring .
- Select your TV or Mac from the list.
- If an AirPlay passcode appears on your TV screen or Mac, enter the passcode on your iPhone or iPad.